ensnaring-birdcages tagged me in the Book Challenge! I thought I’d do it because she asked so nicely and because I haven’t done a proper review in ages and ages.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list.
1. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brônte
2. Miss Rumphius, Barbara Cooney
3. Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss (my first book!)
4. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
5. Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
6. Atonement, Ian McEwan
7. The Waste-land, T.S. Eliot (does this count as a book? I’m counting it.)
8. The Reed of God, Caryll Houselander
9. Richard II, William Shakespeare
10. Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier
Also, as an added bonus, I’m adding my 4 favorite books from this year, thus far. I’ve read them too recently to know if they’ve changed me or if they’ll stick with me, so I thought I’d add them.
1. The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
2. Boy, Snow, Bird, Helen Oyeyemi
3. Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
4. The Luminaries, Eleanor Catton
You will certainly see them again on my annual year-end wrap-up.
I tag: rejoiceendurepersevere, less-picturesque, sherlock-and-his-hedgehog, cindersandbroomsticks, and chestertonian just because I’m interested in seeing your answers. Some of you I know personally, some I do not. I would tag treasureamongbooks, but she’s already been tagged!
If I haven’t tagged you and you’d like to do it, please feel free to.
I’m excited to see all your answers! Thanks for tagging me, ensnaring-birdcages. She included a “don’t do it if you don’t want to” disclaimer, but I will do no such thing!